Did you know that this tanker is a “container” used for transportation of crude oil and derivatives?
1. This double-hull tanker has a “double separation” barrier along the cargo length between the cargo hulls and the sea.
2. Thanks to its design, this type of oil tanker is less likely to be damaged, or to cause collision accidents with other vessels.
3. The length (or length) of Blue Commander measures 171.2 m; while its sleeve, or transverse measure, is 27.4 m.
4. Since July 2017 it has a contract with Pemex and its mixing system is Altamira type.
5. To date, this high-tech vessel has accumulated 2.2 million barrels of stored oil.
6. Construction completed in 2004.